Girls Boxing Manga

Manga discussion can go in here. Talk all you want about manga. Doesn't have to be new stuff, could be old too!

Moderators: Mensco, MidnightDemon, DriftngAsh, Lucky-7, Moderators

Girls Boxing Manga

Postby Patriot1776 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:26 pm

Hello! I'm new here. I'm wondering if anybody knows the titles of any girls' boxing manga. Think Ayane's High Kick, but purely boxing, not kickboxing or muay thai, and is more action oriented.

I'm a serious fan of women's amateur and professional boxing, and I've found a few scanned pages of girls' boxing manga, but that's just it, disjointed random scans from manga that I have no idea what the name is, so I'm hoping baka-updates may have what I'm looking for or somebody here and can help me find it.

So, can somebody help me out?
Patriot1776
Noob Leecher

Postby Lynk Stryfe » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:13 am

I don't know of any pure boxing, off the top of my head, but Black God has a boxing protagonist. It's not a sports manga, though.
Lynk Stryfe
Elite

Postby Patriot1776 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:44 am

Can you give me some more info then on Black God? How often are matches in it?

I'm willing to look at non-sports mangas too. Just as long as they have boxing and girls mostly doing the boxing too.
Patriot1776
Noob Leecher

Postby Lynk Stryfe » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:40 am

I would, but it's a vgm-null joint.

Both groups don't have (public) sites, and aren't known for being too interested in selling their projects.

It's shounen. Not a tourney manga. Just a girl fighting against a bunch of people using boxing styles. Mostly. "Matches" imply that it's set, and rigidly defined. These are more street fights between superhuman people, like most shounen.
Lynk Stryfe
Elite

Postby Patriot1776 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:23 am

And she doesn't wear the boxing gloves during the fights I guess huh? Drat. Here's a couple of the images I have of some of the kind of manga I'm referring to:

Stomach Punch Link

Edit - OH, almost forgot, here's a scan of the cover to the manga book these are from:

Patriot1776
Noob Leecher

Postby Cataulin » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:02 am

You may not like it. But theres always Hajime no Ippo. its men boxing but its boxing right?
Cataulin
I am Spam!

Postby Patriot1776 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:42 pm

*sighs* Drat. I guess the kind of manga I'm referring too must be some really obscure stuff. I only found these scans after digging and digging and digging on some Japanese girls' fighting sites, looking blindly. I've got more scans from supposedly manga like this that I found on those pages too, but none of them are translated, so I can't understand them.

Here's a few more scans I've found. These are from a different one, and I swear this looks like it would fit right into Sailor Moon. The main girl to me looks EXACTLY like Usagi!:

Patriot1776
Noob Leecher

Return to General Manga Discussion